Monday, December 3, 2012

More New-Job News



Oh! Such exciting things happening in my world! =}

Today, Matt and I had lunch at NWM and he got to meet the owner of the Financial Firm to hash out some of the details of my contract. I will be an independent contractor, not an employee, so I’m looking at a very decently challenging first year or two to get things up and running. However, I fully anticipate that I will reach my goals and grow my business exponentially in the first year alone.

I got a chance to get the real actual statistics on first year advisors salaries and I have to say, I’m very pleased. Even the lazy FRs and FAs make are making an average of  $50k/yr.

I personally do not plan to be anything but an exceptional Financial Rep, and I will attain my Advisory by July, if not sooner. The goal for first year’s is to generate 100 clients. I plan to do 150. (The “lazy”/”slow” reps are averaging 40-50.) My friend who got me this referral in the first place easily met his goals, and obtained his licensure to sell Investments within six months, and he has a far more inferior network of contacts than I, and a much more complicated life, with his wife not working and having 4 children with an adoption on the way.

I’m actually not worried about success at all. There will be hard days, I know that from past experience in sales. But there is always another day - that, I also know.

So I take the Life & Health test on Friday for my State License.

I was thinking today… I’m very glad I didn’t get this position when I worked for Wells. I might’ve been stuck there with a mediocre salary and the sales pressure that I  have only ever experienced to a devastating degree while employed there and I’m sure I would’ve been unhappy and/or disenchanted by the product with that work culture. I may have never been able to develop a passion for it, the way I feel that I am now. I can’t express how excited I am to become personally financially knowledgeable and stable. I can’t wait until I purchase my first investment. I can’t wait until Matt and I choose a type of Whole Life policy for me, so it can start accruing cash value. His Whole Life Cash Value was a real life saver for us just last year.

I’m also glad I am gaining autonomy. Being an employee is getting old. Granted, I have far more freedoms working for my husband than I have ever had before, but I want more. Freedom of course that I won’t totally enjoy until after a very good client base has been built. I’m not naive. Watching Matt make sacrifices for his business has shown me how hard it really is to be a business owner…

But, the things that are important to me, like the time off the SCUBA, was one of the things negotiated today with the firm owner. Next exciting thing!

He gave his stamp of approval for two SCUBA vacations a year, one every six months. How freaking amazing is that?? I could not have been happier. Not only will the time off not be frowned upon, but I will have the excess income to cover it this time, instead of Matt having to come up with a way to pay for everything. Shuweeeet ^_^

~ Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment