Friday, November 30, 2012

Rain, rain, wash away my families pain...



Taking a break from studying.

So much of this Life & Health stuff is redundant, since many of the same principals apply to both. I never knew there were so many different types of Life, Health & Disability insurance a person could by with nearly unlimited riders (addendums) to protect oneself from unforeseen risk/loss. I was only ever explained to the different between Term Life & Whole Life insurance, and turns out there are several variations of both. It’s helping me a lot to remember them by categorizing by “good & profitable for me” and “bad  for me and profitable for insurance company”, as Matt and I are looking at buying a policy for me. He’s had one for years, ever since his first mortgage. Because he’s responsible like that…

I have this one recurring wish, throughout all of this, and that’s that my parents had given a shit to better plan for us kids. I mean, not like they don’t care…. But… my dad doesn’t. That is abundantly clear.

Whatever. I see it all clearly now. There are parents who prepare for their children as if they are their everything, and there are those that just collect or ascertain children like accessories without actually giving them anything but life. I’m not bitter, can’t you tell?

I have had baby dreams almost every night this week. It’s driving me nuts. It’s emotionally unnecessary.

I saw Katie today at Starbucks, we went in for a coffee and waited a few minutes for her to arrive since I miss her so much. I think it’s been a little over two weeks since I’ve seen her. That’s been pretty tough, but I have a lot going on to keep my mind preoccupied. She says everything is great, though, she doesn’t share details. I hope she is happy. She deserves to be happy.

My mom wants us to cut down Christmas tree’s this Sunday. I’m hoping if it’s raining we don’t have to go. But I think I should, just for her. I did skip Thanksgiving and I am skipping Christmas so I guess this is the least I can do. She wants us to “all be together”. I laughed and told her that sounded pretty awful and she laughed too. She finally understands and accepts where I am coming from with not wanting to be a part of the madness. It’s been a good year for me and my mom, actually. We’ve grown a lot closer than we’ve been since maybe I was … 13? So that’s something to be thankful for this year. Although, I still only hang out with her apart from my dad. It isn’t my problem that he feels left out. I can’t change that I don’t want to be a part of his life. I have (mostly) changed my hatred and bitterness, but that doesn’t mean we have to be friends. I still am cautious with my relationship with my mom, she flip-flops between logical thinking and rigorous brainwashed thinking depending on …. Well I don’t know what it depends on, but I put my guard up when she’s being all weird drone-wife. I don’t let it hurt me anymore. I just know she won’t change it, so there’s no use letting it bother me. For some reason I cannot bring myself to apply the same principle to my dad. He is inexcusably controlling and manipulative; his IQ is just too high for me to think he “doesn’t know any better”. In fact, I think he is quite tactical in his actions, and for the most part he has the family just where he wants ‘em. Though they are all miserable, in their own way, they still somehow love him.

My family has Stockholm’s Syndrome!!

I just made myself laugh. Hahahaha oh fuck!
Ooh! Exciting factor: I’ve found a couple of products that might benefit hubby’s business in decreasing the amount of work comp claims, and medical benefit costs. That’s been very …. Mmm what’s the word? It just feels great. Just in studying, being able to speak at our business’ lunches about ways to decrease spending or costs and I’ve actually been able to speak from an educated standpoint now…  If this is a glimpse of things to come, helping people…

I’m even more excited to start this job than ever.

~ Happy for Friday and the Weekend =D





No comments:

Post a Comment