Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My resume is ridiculous.



Today has been a busy one. It isn’t often I don’t get to take my first break until 4p.m.

But! I did get a contract in today, and put out two bids yesterday. October and November will be the first months I’ve achieved above my sales goal and actually earned commission. (So what if it’s $60, I still did it. LOL)

Speaking of employment, I really hope this doesn’t jinx it but I’ve been invited back for a second interview at Northwester Mutual. I’m SO excited, and I really want this position. I will finally have the opportunity to get my series 6 & 63 licensing paid for. The benefits package alone is absolutely amazing… If I decide to go forward with my very long talked about plans for University of Phoenix, there is a list of BS and Masters programs they will fully fund. Are you kidding me? Just mind blowing.

The lowest annual compensation schedule is $15k more than I’m making now, and with unlimited commission potential, I could actually earn as hard as I work, finally.

The first interview went very well, I meet with the Financial Group Regional owner tomorrow, and I passed the Financial Advisory Assessment with a 92%, booyah. ;)

With my series 63 I’ll finally be able to get into the investment side of financial services, which is something I had my eye on while working at Wells Fargo.

Oh. Not only will I be able to help people fiscally plan for a better future (I can’t wait for the first time I help someone so thoroughly they love me for it.) I will be making 80% commission on every dollar I sell.

I want this job. So. Bad. Matt is fully on board… Oh! That’s another incredibly accommodating thing I was invited to do, ask him to accompany me to the interview, to see if he had questions perhaps that I couldn’t think of.

I was referred through one of Matt’s current Financial Adviser/Agent, who has a similar background as mine. He has four little kids and a wife who doesn’t work and makes six figures.

The coolest (and scariest) thing to me is that all of the current Reps and Advisers all have education in this area and I do not. Of course, there is 5 weeks of paid training, but I don’t know if that can replace four or more years of formal education in economics, finance and business.

I kind of wonder if it will hinder me from getting the position. I wouldn’t be necessarily surprised I guess, though I would be disappointed.

I’m challenged at Paladin, for sure, but the earning potential is simply not an option right now, and I have wanted for a very long time to be an equal earner in the household, to be able to partner with him in that way. If I could also bring home $60k+ a year… and get my degree… and find a challenging sales oriented job that I could actually believe in the product… I literally can’t think of anything more amazing for our future.

- Excited and Hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment