Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I've literally been driving from meeting to meeting ALL day :p



Well, holy moly.

I landed the third interview.

Found out I will be the only female (without a bachelors) working in this office. Super excited to not get any respect from the slobbering idiots (demographic: male, 25-35 age group, ego maniacal financial business majors) but the first year income is between $60-80k so I think I’ll live with it.

I’m so exhausted from this work day I can’t really must up enough energy to show how excited I am and how well the interview with the regional group owner went today.

I scored a 14/19 on the placement assessment, and it gave me a 36% above average success rating…. A bunch of tests to say “You’re a good match for the company.”

He was nice though, showed me where my office would be, invited me to start training at a seminar tomorrow… more like told me I’d be going. Haha… whatever.

I’m very excited. But no one can tell, because I’m about to fall asleep.

I need my bed very much right now. And maybe a well deserved glass of wine? I closed another sale, and received two more bid requests today. At least if I’m leaving Paladin I can help get them a few more clients.

It is setting in however that I’m giving up my “fly away” whenever we feel like it freedom. No more long weekends for SCUBA, no more setting my own hours. I’m giving up a lot of freedom and flexibility that Matt and I have to … basically do whatever we want when we want.. for 12 hour days in a cut throat corporate sales environment with only male colleagues.

Gotta keep the big pay checks in mind.

And if it doesn’t work out, or for whatever reason the third interview doesn’t pan out, I’ve resolved myself not to be disappointed.

Everything will happen for a reason, even if I can’t see it. This is one hundred percent in God’s hands.

- But a meager, moving chess piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment